I completely missed this digital timecapsule effort from Yahoo - which I saw while logging out
of Flickr.For 30 days, from October 10 until November 8, Yahoo! usersOf course ealier this week we had the UK's National Trust do something similar
worldwide can contribute photos, writings, videos, audio — even
drawings — to this electronic anthropology project. A mosaic of
revealing snapshots will be sealed and entrusted to Smithsonian Folkways Recordings
based in Washington D.C., officially taking its place in history.
by asking us all to blog our day - er yesterday. I love time caspules.
Letting people use images sound and video as well as text is a much better proposition.
Flickr tools (or those created out of Flickr's API) make it so much more of an attractive option
So nice idea and lovely interface. Makes me feel like I want to contribute a picture and caption.
So I go to "contribute" and - eh? But what is this? What do you mean I have to load a photo from
Why I use Flickr to organise my photos of course - a Yahoo company of course - not my bloomin
hard drive! It is full of numbered folders. There is no intelligent organisation there as such. It does
not even give me the choice to just drag in a snap from my Yahoo photo account. Nope. Oh dear. Wtf?
- 102,607 hits
what you apparently like
- RT @MCV_DEVELOP: We’re looking for those who have reached beyond games to build powerful and positive events and initiatives with their com… 56 minutes ago
- RT @uk_ie: Join us tomorrow 4pm-6pm for this week's PRIDE chat with @Jagex, looking at LGBTQ+ Presence in Games & Player Communities. What… 56 minutes ago
- RT @uk_ie: As part of our #RaiseTheGame pledge, we're working with @VoiceAtTheTable to deliver the first of two series about inclusive beha… 2 hours ago
- RT @askaboutgames: Have you seen Tren, a new game from Media Molecule made in Dreams. Here are some early details: taminggaming.com/game/Tren 4 hours ago
- RT @uk_ie: Just like we’re serious about play, we’re serious about staying safe & playing responsibly! @DigSchoolhouse & @askaboutgames b… 4 hours ago
straight from my camera