I completely missed this digital timecapsule effort from Yahoo - which I saw while logging out
of Flickr.For 30 days, from October 10 until November 8, Yahoo! usersOf course ealier this week we had the UK's National Trust do something similar
worldwide can contribute photos, writings, videos, audio — even
drawings — to this electronic anthropology project. A mosaic of
revealing snapshots will be sealed and entrusted to Smithsonian Folkways Recordings
based in Washington D.C., officially taking its place in history.
by asking us all to blog our day - er yesterday. I love time caspules.
Letting people use images sound and video as well as text is a much better proposition.
Flickr tools (or those created out of Flickr's API) make it so much more of an attractive option
So nice idea and lovely interface. Makes me feel like I want to contribute a picture and caption.
So I go to "contribute" and - eh? But what is this? What do you mean I have to load a photo from
Why I use Flickr to organise my photos of course - a Yahoo company of course - not my bloomin
hard drive! It is full of numbered folders. There is no intelligent organisation there as such. It does
not even give me the choice to just drag in a snap from my Yahoo photo account. Nope. Oh dear. Wtf?
- 101,819 hits
what you apparently like
- RT @Jupiter_Hadley: I was interviewed by @intogamesHQ on What does a Games Journalist do? intogames.org/news/how-do-yo… 8 hours ago
- RT @ElleOsiliWood: I made a video comparing the PS5 and Xbox Series X for @BBCNewsround... which was out of date within hours, thanks to Mi… 8 hours ago
- RT @MCV_DEVELOP: A successful acquisition is always a tricky bit of business. Now imagine doing that under lockdown too. We get to see insi… 8 hours ago
- RT @ukgamesfund: What are you up to tomorrow? Head over to #ProtoPlay from 12pm noon! The #Tranzfuser2020 teams have been working so hard… 8 hours ago
- RT @EABoissiere: In support of @intogamesHQ I did short interview describing current role as Studio Manager intogames.org/role/studio-ma…. There… 8 hours ago
straight from my camera