I completely missed this digital timecapsule effort from Yahoo - which I saw while logging out
of Flickr.For 30 days, from October 10 until November 8, Yahoo! usersOf course ealier this week we had the UK's National Trust do something similar
worldwide can contribute photos, writings, videos, audio — even
drawings — to this electronic anthropology project. A mosaic of
revealing snapshots will be sealed and entrusted to Smithsonian Folkways Recordings
based in Washington D.C., officially taking its place in history.
by asking us all to blog our day - er yesterday. I love time caspules.
Letting people use images sound and video as well as text is a much better proposition.
Flickr tools (or those created out of Flickr's API) make it so much more of an attractive option
So nice idea and lovely interface. Makes me feel like I want to contribute a picture and caption.
So I go to "contribute" and - eh? But what is this? What do you mean I have to load a photo from
Why I use Flickr to organise my photos of course - a Yahoo company of course - not my bloomin
hard drive! It is full of numbered folders. There is no intelligent organisation there as such. It does
not even give me the choice to just drag in a snap from my Yahoo photo account. Nope. Oh dear. Wtf?
- 102,367 hits
what you apparently like
- RT @uk_ie: In game ads? 🤔 Licensed content? 🏎️ Social media partnerships? 💬 Learn about how brands can work with games at our free event o… 3 hours ago
- RT @SafeInOurWorld: We are partnering up with @uk_ie to talk about imposter syndrome and mental health within the industry on the 29th Apri… 4 hours ago
- RT @weeclaire: Saturday night TV vibes on @Twitch this weekend - @TheVillageRuse has to decide between @GraveGamerTV @kat_tabii and @rcadeg… 5 hours ago
- RT @scottishgames: More incredible work from #Scotland’s #videogames industry. A collaboration between @Wallmasterr & @InGAME_Dundee has… 5 hours ago
- RT @creativeengland: This year we worked with @uk_ie to run an exclusive programme for games companies who were looking to scale their busi… 5 hours ago
straight from my camera