I heard the sad news today that pioneer of “gonzo journalism”* Hunter S Thompson was found dead after an apparent suicide at his fortified home. This should not surprise me having just read his book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but it does puzzle me. Apparently he held a big superbowl party once which George W Bush attended. That was during old George’s drug daze – alledgedly.
I only just read Fear and Loathing on my return from my first trip to Las Vegas in January. And funnily enough was thinking about him last night whilst watching Sideways for some reason.
Damn shame. Interesting to have been a fly on his wall on 20 January 2005.
*Where a journalist is part of the commentary. Really like an early form of blogging.
- 101,821 hits
what you apparently like
- RT @taggames: #OneSpecialNight takes place next week and the line-up is looking awesome! eventbrite.co.uk/e/one-special-… #OneSpecialDay #gamedev… 11 hours ago
- RT @danhoangart: Tudor... what have you done... 😭💔💀 11 hours ago
- RT @JoelAtkinson: Tomorrow evening, from 5pm UK time, go to twitch.tv/specialeffectt… to watch me and my @SEGAHARDlight colleagues stumble ar… 11 hours ago
- RT @lirolake: Come watch me battle it out (and fail massively) in the #ChickenForCharity event this Friday! All donations go towards @Speci… 11 hours ago
- RT @SafeInOurWorld: Human Fall Flat by @CurveDigital has been added to our #mentalhealth related games and apps! 😀 Human: Fall Flat is a q… 12 hours ago
straight from my camera