I heard the sad news today that pioneer of “gonzo journalism”* Hunter S Thompson was found dead after an apparent suicide at his fortified home. This should not surprise me having just read his book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but it does puzzle me. Apparently he held a big superbowl party once which George W Bush attended. That was during old George’s drug daze – alledgedly.
I only just read Fear and Loathing on my return from my first trip to Las Vegas in January. And funnily enough was thinking about him last night whilst watching Sideways for some reason.
Damn shame. Interesting to have been a fly on his wall on 20 January 2005.
*Where a journalist is part of the commentary. Really like an early form of blogging.
- 102,331 hits
what you apparently like
- RT @BCHezza: Do you want to make the games industry more accessible? It’s #IWD tomorrow and I was asked to do something about being an #au… 15 hours ago
- RT @TamingGamingDB: “Caring for a child who loves playing video games includes setting boundaries and helping them balance gaming with othe… 15 hours ago
- RT @MarcCieslak: Video games in a pandemic. Has playing games helped you through lockdown? On this week’s @BBCClick we talk games and menta… 16 hours ago
- RT @TamingGamingDB: Here's what you need to know about Metamorphabet from @Vectorpark. It's a good game for infant-school children because… 1 day ago
- Just dropped some white chocolate medallions into the banana bread. 1 day ago
straight from my camera