I heard the sad news today that pioneer of “gonzo journalism”* Hunter S Thompson was found dead after an apparent suicide at his fortified home. This should not surprise me having just read his book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but it does puzzle me. Apparently he held a big superbowl party once which George W Bush attended. That was during old George’s drug daze – alledgedly.
I only just read Fear and Loathing on my return from my first trip to Las Vegas in January. And funnily enough was thinking about him last night whilst watching Sideways for some reason.
Damn shame. Interesting to have been a fly on his wall on 20 January 2005.
*Where a journalist is part of the commentary. Really like an early form of blogging.
- 101,955 hits
what you apparently like
- RT @robdoesdesign: Oh cool, somebody found the reset switch. theguardian.com/us-news/2020/n… 51 minutes ago
- That’s incredible!!!! twitter.com/agenttinsley/s… 53 minutes ago
- RT @gaymingmag: Dead by Daylight has an active, influential queer community. But what about about LGBT+ identities in-game? Aimee Hart (@A… 53 minutes ago
- I have eaten so much cake tonight I cannot feel my teeth. 1 hour ago
- RT @gamingthemind: (Audio) "@alexhern speaks to @ShuhBillSkee from the Oxford Internet Institute about his new approach of looking at the… 1 hour ago
straight from my camera