I heard the sad news today that pioneer of “gonzo journalism”* Hunter S Thompson was found dead after an apparent suicide at his fortified home. This should not surprise me having just read his book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but it does puzzle me. Apparently he held a big superbowl party once which George W Bush attended. That was during old George’s drug daze – alledgedly.
I only just read Fear and Loathing on my return from my first trip to Las Vegas in January. And funnily enough was thinking about him last night whilst watching Sideways for some reason.
Damn shame. Interesting to have been a fly on his wall on 20 January 2005.
*Where a journalist is part of the commentary. Really like an early form of blogging.
- 101,284 hits
what you apparently like
- Things #yoga @zephyrpranayoga https://t.co/dIcdL4aJV8 8 hours ago
- Some of the amazing sunsets I saw this week #yoga @zephyrpranayoga https://t.co/g07Rwa3CPk 8 hours ago
- RT @JonathanBadyal: Good stuff - Govt announces new action to promote #LGBT equality gov.uk/government/new… 8 hours ago
- RT @Kotaku: Are you a journalist who knows esports? Compete is hiring an editor: bit.ly/2tQkTk3 https://t.co/yBDsgR9ThR 9 hours ago
- My #yoga ladies. Loving @zephyrpranayoga pout in this one. https://t.co/e44fqXwuAN 1 day ago
straight from my camera