I heard the sad news today that pioneer of “gonzo journalism”* Hunter S Thompson was found dead after an apparent suicide at his fortified home. This should not surprise me having just read his book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but it does puzzle me. Apparently he held a big superbowl party once which George W Bush attended. That was during old George’s drug daze – alledgedly.
I only just read Fear and Loathing on my return from my first trip to Las Vegas in January. And funnily enough was thinking about him last night whilst watching Sideways for some reason.
Damn shame. Interesting to have been a fly on his wall on 20 January 2005.
*Where a journalist is part of the commentary. Really like an early form of blogging.
- 101,406 hits
what you apparently like
- RT @gamerlaw: FAQs on GDPR! First time AFAIK anyone tries to explain how GDPR touches different games companies. twitter.com/gamerlaw/statu… 9 hours ago
- RT @SpecialEffect: It's @LondonMarathon week and we're celebrating some of the amazing people who will be running for us on Sunday! Next up… 15 hours ago
- Days like today make me very happy and proud to be part of the games industry. 1 day ago
- RT @UkieTim: Busy APPG session on games and mental health with 5 times #BAFTAGames winners @NinjaTheory and @DanielZeichner @wellcometrust… 1 day ago
- RT @uk_ie: Fascinating discussion between industry and MPs on the power of games - people are talking about mental health because of games… 1 day ago
straight from my camera