I heard the sad news today that pioneer of “gonzo journalism”* Hunter S Thompson was found dead after an apparent suicide at his fortified home. This should not surprise me having just read his book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but it does puzzle me. Apparently he held a big superbowl party once which George W Bush attended. That was during old George’s drug daze – alledgedly.
I only just read Fear and Loathing on my return from my first trip to Las Vegas in January. And funnily enough was thinking about him last night whilst watching Sideways for some reason.
Damn shame. Interesting to have been a fly on his wall on 20 January 2005.
*Where a journalist is part of the commentary. Really like an early form of blogging.
- 101,374 hits
what you apparently like
- My beaks home via #KingsCross #LumiereLondon https://t.co/fPndmTpya8 1 day ago
- Lights like this. All over #london. #lumierelondon https://t.co/ZtZbpXzFAI 1 day ago
- RT @supercell: Also in 2018 we’re partnering with @DianaAward to fight cyberbullying. If you live in the UK and love gaming but hate bullyi… 1 day ago
- Looking forward to the launch of #LumiereLondon tonight bit.ly/2rpuSkH 1 day ago
- RT @EleniWood: Calling on the twittersphere - do you know of any existing databases for ongoing citizen science projects? Do you know of an… 1 day ago
straight from my camera