I heard the sad news today that pioneer of “gonzo journalism”* Hunter S Thompson was found dead after an apparent suicide at his fortified home. This should not surprise me having just read his book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but it does puzzle me. Apparently he held a big superbowl party once which George W Bush attended. That was during old George’s drug daze – alledgedly.
I only just read Fear and Loathing on my return from my first trip to Las Vegas in January. And funnily enough was thinking about him last night whilst watching Sideways for some reason.
Damn shame. Interesting to have been a fly on his wall on 20 January 2005.
*Where a journalist is part of the commentary. Really like an early form of blogging.
- 102,473 hits
what you apparently like
- RT @ElleOsiliWood: Thrilled to be hosting the 2021 @BAFTA Young Game Designers ceremony - it's one of my favourite events of the year. I'm… 15 hours ago
- RT @uk_ie: Looking for a job in games? Want to work for one of the biggest developers in the UK? And always thought that Bromley is an unde… 15 hours ago
- https://t.co/VKwSRq8J8i 16 hours ago
- RT @MysticalVortex2: It means a lot to me to get to the finals of the 2021 YGD BAFTA awards with my game ‘The Little Ninja’ made in #Dreams… 16 hours ago
- RT @GeekDadGamer: We’ve been working with the @GamesRatingUK to make it easy for developers to disclose the accessibility features of their… 16 hours ago
straight from my camera