I heard the sad news today that pioneer of “gonzo journalism”* Hunter S Thompson was found dead after an apparent suicide at his fortified home. This should not surprise me having just read his book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but it does puzzle me. Apparently he held a big superbowl party once which George W Bush attended. That was during old George’s drug daze – alledgedly.
I only just read Fear and Loathing on my return from my first trip to Las Vegas in January. And funnily enough was thinking about him last night whilst watching Sideways for some reason.
Damn shame. Interesting to have been a fly on his wall on 20 January 2005.
*Where a journalist is part of the commentary. Really like an early form of blogging.
- 101,436 hits
what you apparently like
- I may have just levelled up as Woman Living Self Sufficiently On Her Own and fixed my cistern even though it doesn’… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- RT @chetfaliszek: Reading in a resume someone is "crunch friendly" makes me sad. I get it but at @bossastudios we work hard to avoid crunch… 4 hours ago
- RT @uk_ie: Cheers, Ukie now has an Instagram 🥂 Follow us for updates surrounding the industry in picture form: instagram.com/uk_ie/ 😎@Fi… 10 hours ago
- RT @ukgamesfund: Home to the soon-to-open @VADundee and a whole host of other inspirational businesses and establishments, Dundee is the pe… 14 hours ago
- RT @askaboutgames: Looking for popular video games that are age appropriate for your family? Then check out our guide to the latest UK char… 1 day ago
straight from my camera