I heard the sad news today that pioneer of “gonzo journalism”* Hunter S Thompson was found dead after an apparent suicide at his fortified home. This should not surprise me having just read his book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but it does puzzle me. Apparently he held a big superbowl party once which George W Bush attended. That was during old George’s drug daze – alledgedly.
I only just read Fear and Loathing on my return from my first trip to Las Vegas in January. And funnily enough was thinking about him last night whilst watching Sideways for some reason.
Damn shame. Interesting to have been a fly on his wall on 20 January 2005.
*Where a journalist is part of the commentary. Really like an early form of blogging.
- 101,634 hits
what you apparently like
- Devouring books on my new kindle and stocking up for upcoming USA work trip and holiday - any non fiction biography… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- RT @BAFTAGames: Want to find out more about the art of directing actors in the games industry? Join BAFTA-winning composer @jessicacurry2,… 11 hours ago
- RT @uk_ie: Join us in #Dundee on 16 July for another Hub Crawl focused on getting your business investment ready, with a chance to gain som… 14 hours ago
- RT @30yearsofplay: In January we released our first ever podcast 😱‼️ We spoke to @CAGames's Al Bickham about Rome: Total War and how Creati… 14 hours ago
- RT @harari_yuval: What is #GameofThrones all about? Yuval's brief history of Westeros, on @WIRED. - YNH Team wired.com/story/game-of-… 15 hours ago
straight from my camera